About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My First Podcast: What to do with those Citrus Peels!!!

Welcome to my first podcast here on Lean Clean Green Lifestyle.  I am really excited.  This episode is all about how to use left over citrus peels around the house.

On the podcast I also promised a recipe for candied citrus peels to use for decorating desserts ... or just for a fun treat.

Enjoy!!   Listen to this episode


 Candied Citrus Peels

1 cup citrus peels (orange, lemon, lime, etc), cut into thin strips
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup water

Directions:
1. Place peel strips into a large saucepan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes longer.  Drain and repeat this process two more times.
2.  In a medium saucepan, heat sugar and 1/4 cup of water over high heat until boiling.  Place peel in sugar mixture, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until sugar is dissolved.  Remove peel with a slotted spoon and dry on wire rack overnight.  Store in airtight container.

Nutritional Info - Serving Size: 4
Calories: 121     Total Fat: 0.1g     Cholesterol: 0mg     Sodium: 1mg     Total Carbs: 31.3g     Dietary Fiber: 2.7g     Protein: 4g

No comments:

Post a Comment