About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Another Dangerous Wave Arriving from Japan

The U.S. Northwest was relieved when tsunami threat from the Japan earthquake was not as devastating as predicted.  Now we hear that we are about to be bombarded by another, even more dangerous wave from Japan this weekend.  This wave is from the nuclear fall-out due to reactor failures in Japan. 
  

Picture by Alfredo Rivera, 2009 on Flickr
 
 Last night I heard a discussion by Dr. John W Apsley, MD(E), DC.  He outlined the dangers from the initial radioactive fall-out and the other stages of radiation threats that will follow. 

Dr. Apsley states that the initial threat is airborne which will contain particles of radioactive metals uranium, plutonium, cesium and strontium.  It will fall on us as a normal part of rainfall, dust particles, etc.  The next stage occurs when the radiation toxins get into our water supply and food chain.  The second stage leads directly to the third stage of danger.   At this stage our bodies are being exposed to extremely low levels of radiation over a long period of time.  Many scientists believe that the third stage is actually the most dangerous.

In his book, Clean, Green & Lean, Dr. Walter Crinnion says that your body stores up environmental toxins like a bank.  And you carry around these toxins sometimes for years.  The liver and other organs designed to cleanse these toxins from our systems are simply overwhelmed by the amount of toxins we consume every day from just ordinary exposures like eating dinner or drinking water.  (This doesn’t take into account a big blast of radiation coming from the Far East.)  One day, the toxic burden in our bodies becomes so great that we get sick.  We go to the doctor and try to find the cause of our “sudden” illness not realizing that the true cause of the illness has been building for years. Lots of doctors and medical people are beginning to recognize the impact environmental toxins have on our bodies. 

Dr. Apsley recommends a protocol of products to combat the radiation exposure.  One of the main elements he suggests is the use of kelp or blue-green algae.  I have some concerns about using these products.  As Dr. Apsley states on his website, the radiation will be getting into our water and our food chain.  If this is the case, won’t the kelp be affected by this radiation too?  And by taking large doses of kelp, aren’t we still exposing ourselves to radiation?  I don’t know … he’s the doctor.  I am just concerned.  I don’t eat fish or sea food because of the mercury they are finding in those products.  I’m not sure I will take the kelp either.
Personally, I deep cleanse my body of toxins every week, and take a little extra cleanse every day.  I am not talking about an organ cleanse such as liver or colon cleanses.  I take a gentler cleanse that works at the cellular level to get rid of the environmental toxins that constantly bombard my body.  I am going to continue this practice and also looking into some of the recommendations from Dr. Apsley to see what I might add during the initial stages of this radiation threat.

For more information on this topic, check out the MIT NSE Nuclear Information Hub web site.


No comments:

Post a Comment