About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Going Down the Drain .... The Natural Way!!

Here is my GREEN tip for unclogging slow or plugged drains the natural way using Baking Powder & Vinegar.

Recently I purged the whole house of caustic/dangerous/non-green type cleaning products.  So when my sink plugged up I needed something that would unplug it .... but was safe for me and the environment.  I found something really kewl!!

Remember the old volcanoes we used to make in grade school? To create that fabulous "erupting" volcano, we used baking soda and vinegar. We are going to use the same products to unclog our drains.  Pour one cup baking soda and one cup of vinegar down the plugged or slow drain (be sure the water is out of the sink or tub first!)   Then plug the drain (or drains if it is a double sink). When the foaming is done, you should have faster moving drains.

This natural solution replaces Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda or lye).

No comments:

Post a Comment