About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Day 18: Dr. Becky Gillaspy video: Intermittent Fasting Over 50

If you are over 50 (like me!!), then you need to know that there are some very IMPORTANT reasons for you to consider Intermittent Fasting.  In this 4-minute video, Dr. Becky Gillaspy highlights those reasons.  Tune in … the benefits are great and they could save your life!


If you have been following my posts you know that I have lost over 100 pounds.  One of the tools I am using to complete my 200 pound journey is Intermittent Fasting.

I follow the 16:8 Fast which is also known as the Leangains Fast.  I was very nervous about going on a fast because I thought it meant I had to give up my favorite foods or that I could only drink water for days on end.

Neither of those two fears occurred.  I have given up certain foods I used to devour … but I didn't HAVE to give them up in order to do the Intermittent Fast.  This fast has been easy to incorporate into my lifestyle.  I am rarely hungry and I actually enjoy stepping on the scale in the morning (never thought I would say THAT!!), and seeing the results.

P.S.  You don't have to be over 50 or even a woman to get these benefits.  The sooner you start, the healthier you will be!!

If you have questions about Intermittent Fasting, either leave a comment here or contact me at my email account: newtraditions99@yahoo.com.

Daily Stats: Day 18Start 7/8/2018:      Wt.  235.0   B.Glucose: 130    B.Pressure: 140/79Today 7/25/2018:  Wt. 219.6    B.Glucose:  113   B.Pressure: 125/64

No comments:

Post a Comment