About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Day: 8: Fred Flintstone Feet Relief

Hi!!  I'm finally able to post!!  The date for the first post was supposed to be 7/8/2018, but I had a little trouble getting it posted until today!

I am excited.  I have made some great progress since I started my new Challenge.  I started this Challenge weighing 235 pounds.  That is 100 pounds less than my top weight of 335+.  Today I weighed in at 225.9.  That is amazing!!  I have to admit though, that some of that loss is water weight.  My feet and legs have been so swollen up with edema (water retention) that from the knees down I looked like Fred Flintstone!!!  

I found two great solutions for water retention.  The first is to drink lots of green tea.  It acts as a diuretic and reduces the fluid trapped in the tissue of my legs and feet.  The swelling is definitely going down!! 


The second solution is this simple exercise: 



1,  Sit on the floor, facing a wall.  Lay back and slide your "behind" right up to the wall with your legs extended up the wall at a 45-degree angle from your torso.



2.  Put a soft roller or a pillow under the arch of your back.  Keep your legs straight and relax your arms and shoulders.  Hold this position for 20 minutes.

3.  As always, check with your doctor if you have problems with your back or legs before starting this exercise.

Lifting your legs like this everyday helps with the swelling in your legs and feet by getting your blood to circulate through your body and moving the fluid from your lower extremities.  There are other benefits from this simple exercise.  To learn what they are,  just watch this little clip from Bright Side.
The second solution here:  https://www.facebook.com/brightside.mini/videos/494889230941437/?t=46

Since I wasn't able to get this posted until today … I will give the stats for the past few days below:

DAILY STATS:

July 8th (Start):          Wt: 235.0    Blood Glucose: 130

July 15th:                     Wt:  233.8   Blood Glucose: 123
July 16th:                     Wt: 230:4    Blood Glucose: 119
July 17th:                     Wt: 228.1    Blood Glucose: 85
July 18th (Today):     Wt: 225.9     Blood Glucose: 89  
       
Difference:  9.1 pounds




No comments:

Post a Comment