About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Homemade Mosquito Repellant

Image from SurvivingTheStore.com
I am REALLY going to try out this natural recipe!  Because I am sooooooooo sweet (wink), I am a total mosquito magnet.  I hope this works ... it would awesome to be able to sit out at night looking at the stars with my hubby and not feel like a human buffet for the bugs!! You can find this article on the Homesteading/Survivalism FB page.
 
Combine in a 16 oz bottle:
15 drops lavender oil [http://amzn.to/WOhOP8]
3-4 Tbsp of vanilla extract
10 drops of citronella oil [http://amzn.to/ZOLfyc]
1/4 Cup lemon juice.

Fill bottle with water. 
Shake and it's ready to use.
Spray on yourself.

(You can also use 10 drops of lemon eucalyptus oil instead of citronella oil [http://amzn.to/ZfYPbx])

Make some extra to gift to your neighbors, family & friends. Share this on your wall so you'll have it handy when it's needed.

Note: If you don't already have the oils mentioned above, the links provided are available for you to order them online.
 
P.S. I actually learned this little bit of trivia in a Trivia Game.  Mosquitos are attracted to people who eat bananas.  Guess what is off my food list in the summer!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment