About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Monday, April 4, 2011

30 Days to a Greener Lifestyle - Day 4

Buy Local.  On average, food travels 1,500 miles from farm to table.  Buying local supports small farmers in your community.  It also uses less fossil fuel in transit. 

I love going to the farmer's market and seeing all the fresh produce.  I can talk to the farmers and find out how they grow their products.  I feel I am buying fresher, cleaner and better tasting produce when I buy local.  It also is a big help to our local economy, rather than shipping our money outside the borders.

For the entire SparkPeople "30 Days to a Greener Lifestyle" Calendar, please see my post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment