About Me

My photo
Former teacher, clinical social worker and now entrepreneur. My focus, no matter what career I am engaged in, has been on helping people. Now I am on an incredible journey to change life in a leaner, cleaner, greener way. I hope you will join me in this transition.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Pea Pickin' Bucket Garden

This was one of our projects this weekend.


How We Built Our Bucket Garden

1. Buy some 5 gallon buckets.  They are cheap at Home Depot and Lowes (Just depends on if you want orange or blue buckets).

2. Drill drainage holes in the bottom and fill as you would any planter.  Then plant your seeds or transplants.

3.  For each set of hanging gardens, be bought 5 8-foot metal fence posts.

4. Pound the posts into the ground at an angle and secure where the two posts cross with wire or string.

5.  Slip the 5th fence post between the two notches.  Now it is ready to hold your buckets.

We started our garden with peas, but we are also going to use this technique for our tomatoes and beans.  We could do strawberries too, but we have something special in mind for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment